Comments

11 comments on “The Man With the Perfect Swing 1999”
  1. Bruce, Champaign, IL says:

What a terrific article. It never ceases to amaze me how cruel people can be to one another when they either do not understand a person or a concept.

2. Dave says:

Again I say thank you Todd. I am enjoying these postings so much.

1. Todd Graves says:

Your welcome Dave!

3. Tony says:

The article makes one admire Moe even more. Thanks for sharing Todd.

4. Ken says:

Nice story Todd. I enjoyed it. That kid sitting next to Moe… is that really you? Amazing!!

1. Todd Graves says:

Wow I look young. How time flies.

5. Craig Fischer says:

Todd — on one level this is such a sad story of a man with such greatness kept from so many in the world in part because of how we can be so harsh in judging anyone “different” from the accepted norm. On another level, this is an inspirational story that would benefit those both inside and outside the golfing world. To find one’s passion and to devote one’s life to it, achieving a level of mastery that gives one personal joy, while learning to ignore anyone who may pass judgement on oneself and one’s unusual ways — we should all live life in that way and embrace each other for our uniqueness.

I have watched several of your videos of Moe and come to care for him greatly. I only wish he were still with us. Fortunately, we are blessed to have you and your devotion to sharing his greatness, studying and learning his swing to then teach it to others. I found you last year when searching out golf instruction and plan to focus my efforts this year on learning the single plane golf swing after having experimented with many different techniques last year. Hope to meet you at one of your schools this year.

1. Todd Graves says:

Thank you Craig.

Moe was a great example of “be yourself”. Yes, we should all follow our own path. I think Moe suffered some for his uniqueness but he kept on being himself and doing it his way. He is inspiring. I look forward to meeting you at a school program this year.

Todd

6. Denis - Belgium says:

What an amazing life ! Robert Redford (The legend of Bagger Vance) or Clint Eastwood ( Million dollar baby) would make a beautiful movie about Moe’s brilliant personnality. Thank you to continue his Masterpiece and help many golfers to get fun on the course. Since I discovered the single plane and every time I hit a good shot, I’m thinking “Thanks Moe, thanks Todd”. The more I repeat it the better my scores ! 🙂

7. Dr. George Schuyler says:

It is difficult to get enough of stories about Moe Norman. Like Hogan, he invented this way of swinging and that alone makes him a genius. An inspiration to every golfer with passion to improve.

8. Jeffrey Reinhardt says:

Fantastic article. Moe’s swing and Geaves instructional videos have changed my game from a 30 hcp to current 14hcp and made the golf fun! Thank u Moe, Todd and Tim Graves!